Invoicing Housing

​Effective from 1 July 2016, the Housing Authority has made changes to how it handles vendor invoices, including the introduction of Purchase Orders.

Not all goods or services supplied to the Authority will require a Purchase Order. It is therefore essential that you liaise with your Housing representative regarding this new requirement, to prevent any delays to your invoice payment.

Examples of transactions unaffected by this change are:

  • Construction project related costs
  • Council Rates
  • Water Rates
  • Strata Levies
  • Utilities

Key Changes Impacting Vendor Invoices

  • Purchase Order (PO) numbers must be printed on vendor invoices. Please request a PO from your Housing representative, prior to supplying goods or services.
  • Vendor Invoices must be emailed to as an attachment (not embedded in the body of the email), to comply with Housing’s automatic invoice scanning software.
  • This email address must NOT be used for general correspondence or marketing material.
  • Do not email invoices to individual Housing employees as this might delay payments.
  • Invoices must follow the Australian Tax Office (ATO) invoice requirements (Please refer to the ATO guidelines on setting up your invoice).

Please ensure your invoice contains the following information:

      • Your business name
      • Your Australian Business Number (ABN)
      • The words Tax Invoice or Invoice
      • Invoice number
      • Invoice date
      • Amount of the sale
      • Amount of GST (only applicable if you are registered for GST)
  • Whenever possible, please print the name of the requesting Housing officer, on your invoice.
  • Do not post hard copy invoices to Housing.
  • Housing preferred payment method is EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer). Please ensure you have provided your bank account details to avoid further delays.
  • Remittance Advice will be emailed to vendors – please ensure you have provided Housing with a valid email address.
  • Housing’s standard payment terms are 30 days.

If you have any questions regarding your specific arrangement, in the first instance, please contact your Housing representative. Alternatively, you can email your query to​